Monday, April 14, 2008

Seeking editor. Inquire within.


Seeking editor. Inquire within., originally uploaded by JakeEbel.


So, I'm leisurely driving home today and as I'm passing by the local tattoo parlor/leather store I see this sign out of the corner of my eye.

"Did that say 'SPING'?" I said to myself.

So a quick U-turn was pulled, which quickly got me back to the parking lot in question, and there it was in all it's glory.

Now we see misspelled signs and horrible grammar everywhere these days. I myself indulge in it from time to time. But I would think that getting things spelled correctly would be very high on a tattoo parlor's list of things to do to attract customers.

I mean I'm no marketing guru but this one seems pretty straight forward.

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt I thought that perhaps "SPING" is a term that tattoo people know and I'm just foolishly unaware of. But it doesn't seem tough enough sounding for that. Then I noticed that for some reason the only lowercase letter on the whole sign is the "h" located right in the center of the word "leather". Although that "k" in "ink" is looking a little suspect also.

Either way it made my day. And if you go there for ink work make sure it's all graphic. You don't want to end up with "Haley" instead of "Harley". You couldn't wear enough leather to offset that.

No comments: