Friday, February 1, 2008

This means something.


This means something., originally uploaded by JakeEbel.

Today is boring. Like, really REALLY boring. So boring in fact that it made me notice that there are two exit signs in the hallway where I work.

Why two? Well, I don't know. Let's guess:

Idea #1: People who are disoriented and seeing double will actually resolve the two signs visually as one clear sign, thus allowing them to exit safely. I rate this as slightly likely.

Idea #2: They were on sale.

Idea #3: Hmm...I'm starting to run dry here.

Random Fact: The hallway here that is maybe 60ft long and U-shaped has FIVE exit signs in total. This is odd because there are, in point of fact, only two distinct exits.

Idea #3.5: An exit sign from a parallel dimension is somehow also present in this dimension. Based on the crazy stuff that happens here I would rate that as very likely.

Idea #4: Monkeys.

There. I think that's a good go at it. How good? Well, not THAT good but what do you expect? I mean this boredom is actually starting to cause me physical pain. No lie.

Anyway, what do you think?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Option three seems most likely.

Beka and Mark said...

Well, if you think about the purpose of the signs, it makes perfect sense. They don't make exit signs just for the poor dolts that wouldn't be able to find their way out without assistance. They are for emergency occasions. If you reference some of your later pictures, you will note the extreme visual impairment created by thick smoke. So if you find yourself crawling down the hallway on your hands and knees, and breathing through your shirt, you may find yourself extrememely thankful for that second sign.